Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The other day, Rashard Mendenhall of the Pittsburgh Steelers got into some trouble for some tweets of his. At first, many people thought, “Typical Athlete! Spoiled Brat!”

Here is his response:

http://r34mendenhall.blogspot.com/

I find it to be a well written (of not grammatically correct all the time) response, and I see his point. I was involved in a discussion with some friends yesterday, and we all sort of felt bad about our initial jubilant reaction. I can’t help but remember my disgust with the Arab world on 9/11. There were images on CNN of people dancing and singing, while we were all crying, and I am sure I wasn’t the only one who got so mad.

Good for Rashard for further elaborating. 140 characters or less doesn’t allow for much in the way of detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment